The mission of the Development Services Department is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the general public by enforcing building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical code regulations within the city. To facilitate this responsibility, we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the international codes. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conduct inspections for all permits issued upon client request
- Enforce code compliance to ensure public safety
- Manage and maintain records for all permits issued within the city
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work
- Share information on construction procedures and code requirements
Get more information on Building and Construction Permits.
View and Download City of Lucas Comprehensive Plan - Adopted 2023.
Click here to view the ADA Reasonable Accommodations Policy for the City of Lucas.
Click here to view or print the Application for ADA Reasonable Accommodations.