The application process has been closed for 2018, and we will no longer be accepting applications for the remainder of 2018.
Most of the City of Lucas’ standing board, commission, and committee appointments are made during the annual process in December, but applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered should openings occur during the year. In addition to boards and commissions, the City Council may, from time to time, appoint short term committees for special purposes. Please feel free to contact the City Secretary's Office or any City Council member for additional information.
All appointees to City of Lucas boards, commissions, and committees must:
- Has been a resident of the city for twelve continuous months prior to the date of appointment
- Qualified voter of the city
- Has never been convicted of and is not currently charged with a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Has obtained the age of 18 years prior to the date of appointment
- Is not delinquent on any ad valorem tax due to the city
Applicants for final decision making boards cannot have financial interest in a contract with the city. All City Council appointed board, commission, and committee members adhere to a code of conduct.