Most of the City of Lucas’ standing Board, Commission, and Committee appointments are made during the annual process in December, but applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered should openings occur during the year. In addition to Boards and Commissions, the City Council may, from time to time, appoint short-term Committees for special purposes. Please feel free to contact the City Secretary's Office for additional information.
All appointees to City of Lucas Boards, Commissions, and Committees must:
- Have been a resident of the City for twelve continuous months prior to the date of appointment
- Be a qualified voter of the City
- Have never been convicted of and is not currently charged with a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Have obtained the age of 18 years prior to the date of appointment
- Is not delinquent on any ad valorem tax due to the City
To learn more about the City's Boards and Commissions, view the Board and Commission Handbook.