Nixle provides an open communication forum that connect public safety, municipalities, schools, businesses and the communities they serve. Nixle enables real-time, two-way communication through text, email, voice messages, social media, and the Nixle mobile app. The Nixle notification system is relied on by over 8000 agencies, fire and police departments, schools, hospitals and is now available in a business version! Organizations use Nixle for critical situations such as Severe Weather Events, Evacuations, Safety Hazards, Security Threats, Facilities Problems, Employee Notifications, and IT/Telecom Disruptions. To sign up for Nixle & receive alerts for Lucas, Texas you can visit http://www.nixle.com/.
The City of Lucas is a StormReady Community. This means that the City of Lucas has met the StormReady requirements set by the National Weather Service. To be officially StormReady, a community must:
- Establish a 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center
- Have more than one way to receive severe weather warnings and forecasts and to alert the public
- Create a system that monitors weather conditions locally
- Promote the importance of public readiness through community seminars
- Develop a formal hazardous weather plan, which includes training severe weather spotters and holding emergency exercises.
To learn more about the StormReady Program you can visit, www.weather.gov/StormReady.
Outdoor Activity Emergency Contact Information
Are you planning an outdoor activity? If so, please help the Lucas Fire-Rescue keep you informed should weather or an emergency situation occur. Please click the subscribe button below to fill out the form. This will allow the Lucas Fire-Rescue to contact you in the event of an emergency. This information will only be used to contact you if an emergency situation should arise.